Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Contribute!




Your life will be over before you know it- CONTRIBUTE!





We are here on earth to do good for others, what the others are here for I don't know-announced W.H.Auden

I have visited 58 countries on 6 continents. I have seen some-stuff!
I can sum it up in 6 words
ALL GIVE SOME-SOME GIVE ALL!
What will be your contribution to this rock before you leave it for good?

Why do I ride quad bikes up mountains every afternoon full of food parcels and medical supplies?
Because I understand the need to contribute!

Once you have seen orphans living alone in the mountains with no support to speak of- It changes the way you think. You find yourself inventing methods to contribute. That's what happened to me in any case.

Don't wait before you nearly die before you contribute!

Lets leave behind normal lives.

lets forget average.


lets forget selfish living and let us rise above normal levels of contribution!

There is a harsh truth to face. Unless we change one or two things about ourselves we will always dwell in mediocrity.

(more on that later)

I define CONTRIBUTION BY ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.

1) When was the last time you saved a life?
2) When was the last time you felt fully alive?
3) When was the lat time you offered hope to another life?
4) When was the last time you taught someone something worthwhile?
5) When was the last time you made someone smile?
6) When was the last time you experienced something for the first time?

If you answer to most of those questions was ' I don't remember' then I would confidently (and humbly suggest) that you are not living this life to the full! In fact you are probably just existing!

read future blogs for more on how to CONTRIBUTE!

Respect, peace, love

Martin



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi! I am visiting from Vashti's blog. She is a wonderful woman, you must be blessed.

Your work is amazing. Keep it up. I'll check by again in the future.